Ready or not, carriers have announced their holiday shipping deadlines for 2021. Key takeaway? Plan your holiday shipping operations early.
Early = Now
You don’t want to be the Grinch that stole Christmas, do ya?
Use these shipping deadlines to ensure your customers get their gifts on time.
2021 FedEx Shipping Deadlines
If you’re operating through a marketplace that uses FedEx, follow these deadlines to ensure delivery by December 25.
- FedEx Ground Economy, December 9
- FedEx Ground, December 15
- FedEx Home Delivery December 15
- FedEx Express Saver, December 21
- FedEx 3-Day Services, December 21
- FedEx 2-Day Services, December 22
- FedEx 1-Day Services, December 23
- FedEx Overnight, December 23
- FedEx Same-Day, December 24
2021 UPS Shipping Deadlines
UPS will be closed on December 25, so their recommended shipping dates for arrival by December 24 are:
- UPS Ground Shipping: Use their website’s quote tool for more information
- UPS Three-Day Select: December 21
- UPS Second-Day Air Services: December 22
- UPS Next-Day Air Services December 23
2021 USPS Shipping Deadlines
- USPS Retail Ground: December 15
- USPS First Class Mail: December 17
- USPS Priority Mail: December 18
- USPS Priority Mail Express: December 23
Did The Holidays Come Early?
But it’s not too late to start planning for these holiday shipping deadlines if you hurry! That doesn’t just mean prepping your internal team, it means preparing your customers for these deadlines too.
Communicate with your customers through social media ads, newsletters, emails, or whatever channels you use to reach your customers and express the importance of shopping early this year. It’s a simple but effective way to ensure you and your customers avoid the holiday blues this shopping season.
Have Yourself A Very Merry Q4
If you want to survive Q4, you’ll need to be as scientific as possible when planning your holiday season approach. And you don’t have to do it alone!
Sifted can help you:
- Avoid worst-case holiday shipping scenarios with expert tips
- Evaluate every line item in your carrier agreement to negotiate better rates come January
- Revamp your supply chain operations for maximum resilience and profitability
Get a free demo here to see what we’re about!