Amazon sellers, are you ready? Because the 2022 holiday shipping season is here. And in case you weren’t, we’ve got all the key dates you need to know for Amazon’s holiday delivery schedule.
2022 Amazon Holiday shipping Shipping Deadlines & Delivery Schedule
If you’re an Amazon FBA seller, let’s ensure you get everything to Amazon fulfillment centers at the right time — and that depends on what you’re selling. According to Amazon.
- Inventory for Christmas shopping should arrive at Amazon fulfillment centers by December 1, 2022.
Now, let’s talk delivery dates. Although Amazon has not released its annual Holiday Delivery Calendar for 2022 yet, we can use last year as a reference:
- December 15 – free shipping on $25 orders
- December 18 – free standard shipping within 3-5 days
- December 22 – free two-day shipping
- December 23 – free one-day delivery
- December 24 – free same-day delivery in select cities
*For Prime members
Shipping networks are predicted to overflow this year, & it’s likely that Amazon will move these key order dates at least a few days earlier for 2022. Plan early Plan now!
Take Control of Your Amazon Business
2022 FedEx and UPS Holiday Shipping Deadlines
UPS will be closed on Dec. 25, so their recommended shipping dates for arrival by Dec. 24 are:
|UPS Ground Shipping||Use their website’s quote tool for more information|
|UPS 3 Day Select®||Dec 19th|
|UPS 2nd Day Air®||Dec 21st|
|UPS Next Day Air®||Dec 22nd|
Selling through other marketplaces that use FedEx? Take note of their 2022 holiday shipping deadlines to get a package to its recipient by Dec. 25.
|FedEx Ground® Economy||Dec 8th|
|FedEx Ground®||Dec 14th|
|FedEx Home® Delivery||Dec 14th|
|FedEx Express Saver®||Dec 20th|
|FedEx 3Day Freight||Dec 20th|
|FedEx 2Day®||Dec 21st|
|FedEx 1Day||Dec 22nd|
|FedEx Same Day||Dec 23rd|
Other Last-Minute Options for Shoppers and Sellers
Shoppers unwilling to brave a physical retail store in the last days before a holiday can turn to electronically delivered items like gift cards, subscriptions to publications, or subscription boxes that will all arrive after the holidays anyway. Print off a photo of the item to share with the recipient, and you’re good to go!
For sellers, if you want to stay out of the Amazon chaos or diversify your selling options, there are several other options for getting your products in front of customers, including:
- Walmart Marketplace — Selling on the Walmart Marketplace is similar to selling on Amazon, so it won’t feel too unfamiliar. If you’re a Shopify seller as well, Walmart offers special benefits. But if you’re thinking of adding your inventory to Walmart’s offerings, you’d better hustle: It can take up to four weeks to get up and running on the Walmart Marketplace.
- eBay — Setting up an eBay store is a fairly quick process, but if you’ve never sold on the platform before, you’ll have a tough time ramping up for the 2022 holiday season. eBay requires that sellers who want to open a store have a few sales under their belts first.
- Google Shopping — The approach here is a bit different. Unlike Amazon, Walmart or eBay, you won’t add your products to someone else’s platform. For Google Shopping, you submit a feed from your online store to Google, and they include your products in their listings in shoppers’ search results. Then shoppers are directed to your eCommerce website to purchase the item. For new sellers, the feed submission process can take three to five business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s tackle some of the questions we hear a lot of this time of year.
- Does Amazon deliver packages on holidays?
Amazon does not deliver on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
- Is Amazon Prime open on Christmas?
Both Amazon Logistics and UPS, the two primary delivery sources for Amazon, are closed on Christmas Day.
- Is Amazon offering free shipping for Christmas?
Amazon offers free shipping on orders over $25 for eligible items. Prime members can get unlimited two-day free shipping.
- What time do Amazon packages go out for delivery?
Amazon packages can arrive between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. local time.
- Does Amazon deliver by 9 p.m.?
Depending on the item availability, shipping speed, and your Prime membership status, many items can be delivered by 9 p.m. Amazon packages can arrive from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Get Ready for 2022 Holiday Shipping Deadlines Today
It’s not too late to prepare for these deadlines, but you’d better hurry.
Be sure to not only steel yourself and your team for the shipping crunch ahead but prepare your customers as well when they make their purchases.
Even though Amazon commands much of the communication in a customer relationship, there are still tools for you to use as a seller, including Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging Service and your social media ads. Let shoppers know they need to order earlier this year to ensure they get their gifts on time. With proper communication, you can make the holiday shipping and shopping season less frustrating for you both.